Social bookmarking is a very convenient way to have all of your websites bookmarked and organized. As I was playing around with it, it seems very easy to use. With all of your icons right in your tool bar it is very easily accessible.
I also think this is very convenient because you can access it from any computer. I don't know how many times I was on a different computer and did not have the website I needed to go to because it was on my personal computer. That is a very frustrating thing to have to deal with :( This no longer has to happen with social bookmarking :)
Finally, I like being able to see what other people have bookmarked because someone else may have found an excellent website that you have not.
Thinking about using social bookmarking in my clssroom, one way I would use it is, while doing a research project. I would use the bookmarking to allow the children to go on and choose from the websites I have selected for them to research from. I would make the categories according to the topics that the children are researching that way they can go to the file that they are researching and go to those specific websites.
Social bookmaking can make life easier in so many ways
In a later "things" class you can learn how to set up a custom google search that will allow your students to search through ONLY the websites that you have selected. So after you've saved them on Delicious, you can search through them with Google custom search. OK, end of commercial.
ReplyDelete