Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Thing 4"

I never understood what web 2.0 was until now.  This to me is very important because it is critical for children as well as adults to share their ideas.  For example, If some researches something and posts it on the web, someone out there may be wondering about the same thing.  This leads into why there are so many different web sites out there because of people posting there own ideas and thoughts. 
I like the quote "To teach is to learn  twice" by: Joseph Joubert.  This quote says a lot because you learn it once but when you tell someone or write about or post something about it, you learn it again.
With my idea of having a classroom blog in the future, I think it will help with allowing the children to post about their feelings and what they learned in the classroom.  This is important because they learn something and this may be a way of reflecting on what they have learned. 
What is nerve racking about web 2.0 is that you have to make a conscious thought about what you are writing.  In a way this is a good thing because it helps people to watch what they say and how they say it.  The tone of how something is being said is also critical.  I might write something and mean it one way but if someone is reading it and I did not take tone into consideration, it may be taken the wrong way. 
Be careful what you post online.  Someone can always see it.

5 comments:

  1. It's too bad Congressman Weiner didn't heed your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the comment, "to teach is to learn twice" is a great saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the comment, "To teach is to learn twice" is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the quote, "To teach is to learn twice." That is why our students need to be engaged in both the learning and teacing process. I agree, as well, that when putting anything in writing people can put a different tone to the words and extract a different meaning.

    ReplyDelete